Rules for participating in the triennial prize 'Hubertus Goltzius' of the Royal Numismatic Society of Belgium
1. The Royal Numismatic Society of Belgium, a non-profit organization under the high patronage of his Majesty the King, has created a triennial Prize named 'Hubertus Goltzius'. It is conferred on the occasion of the triennial symposium organized by the Society.
2. This prize is awarded to a scholar who has devoted his or her work to numismatics, in the broadest possible sense (coins, medals, coins, currency, currency weights, méreaux, techniques, etc.), concerning the Southern Netherlands, between the 5th and the 21st century, in order to reward his or her complete work.
3. The jury responsible for awarding the Goltzius Prize is made up of the directors of the Revue belge de Numismatique et de Sigillographie and members of the Board of Directors of the Royal Numismatic Society of Belgium. Exceptionally, it can appeal to a reputable specialist in the matters dealt with. Its decision is final. The jury is not obliged to award the prize.
4. The prize amounts to €2,000 and will be issued in the form of a sum of money.
5. The RNBS awards the winner a medal engraved with his or her name, created especially for the Goltzius Prize by artist Marit Hartman.
6. Any dispute concerning the interpretation or application of these rules will be settled under the exclusive competence of the Board of Directors of the Society.
© KBGN-SRNB, 2008-2021